Saturday, November 10, 2007

PLN: Week 9- Post 18

I read a recent article titled "I need Answer's: What will the Home of the Future look like?" written by Vicki A. Davis. In this article she talks about he love for technology and how her dad is the reason she loves it. Also she talks about a meeting that her and her dad are going to the asks the question, "What will the house of the future REALLY look like?" In this article she expresses her excitement for this meeting so she can talk about the student of the future.

This article relates to me because I am currently a student and it is interesting to think about what the student of the future might look like. I also find interest in the building of a house of the future, though I do think it is important to not look to far ahead. In a way this article somewhat relates to what we are talking about in my U.S. History class, but in reverse. In my history class we are talking about the 1920's and the social change that took place during this time which somewhat relates to this because we too are looking at the change that might take place.

This article also relates to the world because as we see ourselves being "pushed" into the future we need to be aware that we still have to live in our time. I think that doing something like building a house that we might have in ten years, today is interesting: however we have things going on right now that we need to worry about first, not what might happen in the future.

No comments: