Sunday, November 4, 2007

PLN: Week 8- Post 16

I read a recent article titled "More than Technology and Less than a Wildfire" written by Dave Warlick. In this article Dave talks about a newspaper reporter who had called him in confusion as to what was happeneing to the newspaper's website. One day they had hosted 175,235 visits, but the next day that number had climbed to 878,351 visits. The San Deigo Wildfires had explained the interest. They were used to seeing comments and arguments going back and forth between readers about certain articles, but these comments were all readers asking one another for information about their towns and other readers directed them and shared what they knew.

As I was reading this post I was absolutely astonished at the huge rise in the number of readers of that newspaper and as I read further I saw how awesome it was that each of those readers were coming together and helping each other out. It was interesting to me to see how such a devastating turn of events leads a community to come together and help each other out. This article relates to me and the world in that it shouldn't take something devastaing like this to happen for our community to come together. Reading this article made me think of ways that we as a community can come together. This post can remind us all that we are a community and we all need to help each other out. I hope that this inspiring article will be read by many other people and that it will lead us all to come together and help those in need.

No comments: