Tuesday, November 20, 2007

PLN: Week 11- Post 21

I read a recent article from my U.S. Soccer subscription titled "U.S. Under-17 and Under-16 Girls' National Teams End Year with Trips to South America". This article talks about how the U.S. Girls' National teams in both the U-16 and U-17 age groups will both be ending their year with trips to famous South American soccer cities. The U-16 girls will be headed to Rio de Janerio from December 7-16, while the U-17 girls will be visiting Buenos Aires, Argentina from December 7-17. The U-17's coach says he will be bringing 18 girls, all born in 1990, to play in 3 games against Argentina. One game will be against Argentina's U-17 team and two games against Argentina's U-20 group. The U-16's coach says he will bring 18 girls all born in either 1991 or 1992 as he continues preparation for qualifying for the 2008 Women's World Cup in New Zealand.

This article relates to me because I am greatly involved in club soccer for our state and I am also very interested in soccer throughout the world. Currently I am trying out for the Colorado ODP team which is just one step on the road to making the U.S. National teams. I look at the girls on these teams and I hope one day I can be where they are, that is my dream to make the National team and to play in the Women's World Cup. Hopefully one day my dream will become a reality, but we will see.

This article also relates to the world in general because the Women's World Cup is a world-wide event and many people are interested in watching the games and if the U-16 Girls' National Team were to qualify for this incredible event it would be an amazing thing that everyone would be talking about.

6 comments:

adama said...

you did a good job of going into detail about your pln's. You also made good eye contact.

Jackie N said...

Sam, you did well summarizing your articles and you spoke clearly. Try not to look at your paper so much. Great job!

Anna K said...

Sam, you did a great job! You spoke clearly and knew what you were talking about. Next time try not to look at your notes so much. Other then that, great job!

joeyw said...

You did a great job relating to your articles and you really knew what you were talking about.

ethan l said...

Good job but it looked like you relied on your notes a lttle too much.

Xavia H2011 said...

Sam,
I like how you focused your presentation on sports. It was very interesting to hear about these different soccer events and I
agree that event though we don't do steroids now, we should be aware of them. Great job! You are a great presenter.