Monday, September 24, 2007

PLN: Week 3- Post 5

I read a recent post written by Karl Fisch titled "Speaking from the Soul." This post talks about how it is important for there to be a strong and honest relationship between students and teachers. And that it is important for teachers to look for ways to meet the needs of their students.

In this article I found importance in the fact that teachers need to find ways to meet the needs of their students. This is important to me as a student because if my teacher is not trying to meet my needs then how am I able to learn and apply myself as best as I can?

This post relates to me and all students in many ways such as the point I previously brought up. It is very important for teachers to work hard to make sure their students fully understand everything they are learning and can process information correctly. For me as a student I need my teachers to meet my needs so I know that I can learn and understand everything fully. This relates to me in every class and not only in school, but also in sports. It is important that my coaches meet the needs of my and my team so we can perform to the best of our ability. it is also my job as a student and athlete to apply myself and work hard.

This post also relates to the world around us in that this situation can apply to anything from business and work, to simply life at home. It is important that the leaders are willing to tend to the needs of the people "below them" if you will. And it is important for everyone to put in the extra work to succeed.

No comments: