Sunday, April 6, 2008

Semester 2 - Post 8

I read a recent post titled "Koudourakis Scores Twice to Lead Arapahoe" written by Brad Byler. In this post it talks about the Arapahoe vs. Mountain Vista varsity girl's soccer game that took place this past Tuesday April 1st. In the 59th second Freshman Shannon Koundourakis scores the opening goal of the match that will lead Arapahoe in their 3-1 win against the Golden Eagles. Further into the match Koundo scores again in the 13th minute which really put our team ahead.

This post caught my eye because I am on Arapahoe's varsity girl's soccer team and Shannon is my teammate. Looking through the posts, then seeing my teammates name in the headline was such an exciting thing to see. That game was a big game for us in order to put us in a good position to win league, so when Shannon scored in the 59th second of our game, it was such a huge tone setter for the rest of the game. Because of that first goal, we were able to keep our momentum up and carry on to win against Vista.

This post absolutely relates to me seeing as I too am a player on this team, and I was there to see Shannon's goals. It was so awesome to see this story in the newspaper because it really makes me realize how big of a deal our team is and just how many people support what we do and how we play.

1 comment:

Xavia H2011 said...

Sam,
I think that is very interesting about how newspaper will soon be all on the computer. I guess it makes since, the U.S seems to be all about technology. I like how the blogs that you blogged about really related to you. Good job presenting, you explained really well.