Tuesday, October 30, 2007

PLN: Week 8- Post 15

I read a recent article written by Jason Welker titled, "No YouTube? No Problem! How to view any site you want from within China." This article talks about how we again are angry with the Chinese Internet policies that are blocking another site that many people use during class time, YouTube. People are so angry with this because many teachers like using sites like this and Blogger and even Wetpaint, during class time to connect students to the outside world through technology.

This article relates to my as a student because in our classrooms we use sites like these, specifically Blogger, to do work and we have our own blogs that we post on, therefore causing it to become difficult to do these assignments and such. Also during class our teacher uses blogger to post things about new topics we are learning about and if we are not able to use these sites, how are we going to get all our information? I totally agree with the frustration of this because as a student these sites are very important to my learning because of how we use them in class and if our access to these sites is denied I will not be able to do what is required of me.

This article also relates to the world because in our day and age people are using technology more an more so restricting the use of technology in classrooms is absolutely ridiculous . Not only in my school, but in many others I know that they are using sites like these and I have a feeling that the teachers and students who are restricted from them are very frustrated by this.

4 comments:

Jackie N said...

Sam, you did a great job explaining each of your articles and relating them to us. Next time, try making a little bit more eye contact, but good job!

annies said...

Sam! I agree with you that we need to be safer on the internet in this class. I think that you should have some what of a relationship but not like a mother daughter relationship. My friend had a really good relationship with her coach and it didn't work out because he got to know too much about her. I think it's really dumb how China is blocking just about every site that people need. I know we're really privleged to be able to do blogger. I would be mad because we use blogger so much, so having a laptop in the class would be pointless. Great job!

angelicao said...

Great job at explaining you plns. You have the same problem as many people do by not making very much eye contact. You did a very good job!

carterw said...

Sam, nice job realting your articles to us. Great job.