Sunday, October 28, 2007

PLN: Week 7- Post 14

Read a recent article written by Dave Warlick titled, "Bringing your Heart with You." In this article Dave talks about a business conference that he had spoken at a few weeks earlier. In this conference a man by the name of Steve Farber had give the opening "keynote" and in this he talked about the word love and loving what you do. Dave looked at this and put it in a teacher/student perspective. He mentioned how he felt that it was very important for a teacher to have love for their job and what they do. They need to bring their hearts with them to work everyday.

This article relates to me because I can tell when I have a teacher who doesn't enjoy what they are doing, and I feel like a good teacher is one who is eager to come to work everyday, and who loves making a difference to their students. When I have a teacher who I know loves their job, it mkaes me so much more excited and eager to coe to school everyday and endure the work and lessons because I know that my teacher is their for a reason, which means that what they are teaching me must be important. On the other hand, if I have a teacher who I know hates their job and hates the kids and the people they're working with then I feel like they don't care. Then I get the mind set that if my teachers and educational leaders don't care, why should I? So I totally agree with Dave when he says that teachers need to "bring their hearts with them" to work, because if they don't like what they are doing, they need to do something else.

This article relates to the world because not only in schools do the leaders need to love their work, but in any business or work place, all employees and employers should love what they do. I feel like if you love what you do, you will want to work hard and you will have motivation to do a good job. So in all places of work people need to bring their hearts with them!

17 comments:

Averee said...

Sam, you did really well on your presentation. You made a lot of eye contact and barely ever used your cards. Try to personalize your PLN's a little more, but other than that, awesome job!

adama said...

You need to make just a little more eye contact.But other than that good job.

Anna K said...

Sam, good job! Next time, try not to look at your paper so much. Other then that good job!

alexe said...

Sam, good job you did a good job speaking clearly and loud. You did a good job explaining your PLN's. Keep up the great work.

DennisRocks said...

Good job Sam, you did a great job adding your own personal opinions to your plns. You spoke clearly and didn't rely heavily on your paper. Overall, good job!

brandonh2011 said...

you started out your presentaion very good you were reading off your paper but your ideas were good,good job

laurene said...

Sam! I thought you did a great job on your presentation! I like how you explained what you were talking about very well. You had good eye contact and a loud voice. Over all amazing job!

seand said...

Sam, good presentation. You summarized your articles and you explained them well. Good job speaking clearly but next time try not to look at your paper as much.

alenav said...

Sam, you had a really good presentaion. You spoke really clear and loud. Maybe just make more eye contact. Other than that great job!

laurene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ethan l said...

Good job, you seemed really prepared and had some really good ideas.

joeyw said...

Sam I thought you did a really good job summarizing each of your posts and really good eye contact as well.

seanb said...

sam, good job resenting it looks like you really studied. you need to look up at the audience more but other then that you did a good job

mmg said...

Sam, great job on your presentation. I liked the articles that you picked out. It is true that some schools don't teach us the skills that we are going to use in the real world. You asked a really good question. Keep up the great work.

Jackie N said...

Sam, you did a great job on explaining each of your articles and relating them to us. Try making a little more eye contact next time. Good job!

kellyS said...

Sam! You did a great job on speaking clearly and going into detail on your blogs. I liked your question because it wasn't just a "yes" or "no" question.

Xavia H2011 said...

Sam,
You are a very good presentor! And your ideas are very well thought out and I can agree with them, and I agree that we should be accessed to wiki and blogger and it is rediculous to not be able to expand our knowledge and not be able to share our ideas.