Monday, May 19, 2008

Semester 2 - Post 20

Reading this post really made me realize all the things we take for granted here in America. Hearing about the fact that they are just now getting a youth center and athletic fields in the Nata Village is so shocking to me because I grew up with things like that and I just sort of expected them to be there. I have been playing competitive soccer since I was eleven and soccer in general since I was around four or five so not having fields to play on is so strange to think about. Today we just sort of expect things to be there, things that we’re used to. Like school for instance, we have all been raised with education, whether we like it or not, but we all just expect to go through school. In less fortunate places like the Nata Village, they do not have as many opportunities as we do. I take this as a lesson to learn, we need to stop being so selfish and settling with what we have or always wanting more. We need to branch out and help people in places like Nata Village, give them the things that we are used to so they can enjoy them just as much as we do. This post really gave me a reality check and made me see that I truly do take simple, little things like beautiful soccer fields for granted. Great post!

Link to the article here: Nata Village

No comments: