Sunday, May 11, 2008

Semester 2 - Post 18

Mr. Fisch,
This post struck me as interesting for many reasons. The first reason being that it is weird to think that textbooks would, or even could, be used as protection in the event of a tornado. It is odd that schools have come up with an alternate use for textbooks because many times you look at them and ask the very well known question that students ask daily, “when am I ever going to use this?” Well kids, you will actually use textbooks, that is, if there ever was a tornado and you had no other form of protection. This does not mean; however, that it answers the question of using the contents within the book :). Another reason that I found this post interesting is because it made me think, “I wonder if our textbooks will soon be all online, is this when the old text books will really come in handy?” The future of our textbooks came to mind. With the incredible advancement of technology that has been rapidly increasing over the years, it would not surprise me one bit if all of our textbooks were put online and students would carry laptops around, instead of books. Then what would we use for protection if a tornado struck? This post was great! Thank you for making me think! :)
~Sam H.

Link to article here: The Need for Textbooks

No comments: