Saturday, December 1, 2007

PLN: Week 12- Post 23

I read a recent article titled "U.S. U-15 Girls' Defeat Chile U-16s in First Match at USYS ODP Thanksgiving Interregional". In this article it talks about how the Under 15 U.S. girls beat Chile's Under 16 girls' in the opening match during the U.S. youth Soccer Thanksgiving Interregional Tournament on November 19 at Coral Glades High School. The score of the match was 3-1 and for the U.S. Natalia Ledezma figured in all three of the goals for the U.S. The U.S. scored in the 13th minute off a cross from Ledezma from the right wing as forward Devin Marshall poked the ball past the Chile goalkeeper. Chile tied the match on a penalty kick in the 26th minute, but the Americans scored just after halftime when Olivia Schultz followed up a rebound off a shot from Ledezma and slid to knock the ball into the net. Ledezma finished off the game in the 68th minute, launching a free kick into the upper left corner of the goal.

This post is very interesting to me because I am very interested in U.S. soccer and soccer throughout the world and to hear about girls who are only one year older than me playing for our country makes me realize that it is possible and that if I work at it, I too can potentially play for our country and represent the female athletes my age.

Also this post relates to the world because these girls who play such an incredible level of the beautiful game of soccer are huge role models for many younger girls out there. I hope that the people of the world realize how hard these girls work and can support what they do.

No comments: